- Logic & Accuracy Testing on Powhatan County's voting equipment was performed on Wednesday, September 9th. The Director of Elections, all three Electoral Board members, and the Chairmen from both local political parties were present during this process.
- Early Voting for the November General Election began on Friday, September 18th at 9 AM. In an effort to reduce COVID exposure, the Office of Elections will be providing Drive-Thru Voting for voters who wish to vote before Election Day.
*No reservation or application is needed.
*Proper Identification is mandatory.
*Only vehicles in line by 5:00 PM will be permitted to vote that day.
- Early Voting via the drive-thru tent will be offered every Monday through Friday from 9 AM to 5 PM (closed on Columbus Day). It will also be offered at the same times on the two Saturdays prior to the Election (Oct. 24th & Oct.31st).
- The deadline to register to vote or update your registration information is Tuesday, October 13th.
- The deadline to apply to vote-by-mail is 5 PM on Friday, October 23rd.
- The November General Election will take place on November 3, 2020. All 12 of Powhatan's voting precincts will be open on Election Day from 6 AM to 7 PM. Any qualified voter in line at their assigned precinct by 7 PM will be permitted to vote.
* Voters are asked to please follow the Governor's Directive by wearing a mask and remaining socially distant both while in line and also while inside the polling location.
* Higher than average voter turnout is expected on Election Day, so please arrive with patience. Please prepare ahead of time by checking your registration status; have a valid form of identification ready; know where your assigned precinct is; wear your mask; be sure to review a Sample Ballot beforehand so you are prepared to vote!
- The deadline for the acceptance of military and vote-by-mail ballots (only those that were postmarked by November 3rd) will be on Friday, November 6th at 12/noon. Any ballots received at/after 12:01 PM on Friday, November 6th will be considered late and will not be opened or counted.
- The Powhatan County Electoral Board will meet at 2:00 PM on Friday, November 6th in the Village Building to Canvas and finalize the official votes cast in this Election.