Maintenance Custodial I & II
Are you looking for an opportunity to join a supportive team of local government professionals in a community with an excellent quality of life? Powhatan County is the Richmond region’s best kept secret for work-life balance while being a short drive from the capital city’s amenities.
- Department: Public Works
- Compensation: $11.48/hour for part-time, 12.66/hour for full-time
- Hours: Two part-time positions and one full-time position
- Work Schedule: Late afternoon. evenings and weekends
- Deadline: Position open until filled.
- Cleans, sweeps, mops, waxes, and polishes floors by hand or machine; vacuums and cleans carpets.
- Washes windows, screens, sills, woodwork, doors, desks, walls and ceilings.
- Cleans and sanitizes rest rooms, dusts and vacuums rooms, locks and unlocks doors; moves equipment and furniture.
- Collects and disposes of waste, shovels snow, maintains outside sidewalks, and assists in keeping outside walks and access in an orderly condition.
- Changes light bulbs and fluorescent tubes.
- Provides maintenance and minor plumbing repairs to restrooms.
- Performs some repair and maintenance of buildings by painting walls and trim; replacing damaged ceiling tiles, repair carpet tiles.
- Collects litter and garbage from County property.
- Performs related duties.
Desirable Training & Experience
This position requires knowledge of equipment operations, custodial operations and maintenance principles.
Skills & Requirements
- Sufficient experience to understand the basic principles relevant to the major duties of the position, usually associated with the completion of an apprenticeship/internship or having had a similar position for one to two years.
- Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Virginia for the type of vehicle or equipment operated.
- Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
- Employee may be exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles and cleaning chemicals.
Equal Opportunity and Drug Free Workplace
Powhatan County is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and encourages women, veterans and minorities to apply. Powhatan County is a Drug Free Workplace.
Click HERE and HERE for the complete job description.