The Planning Department is responsible for the following core programs:
* Administration and enforcement of the County’s Zoning, Subdivision, and Erosion & Sediment Control Ordinances.
* Approval of plats and commercial site plans.
* Issuance of zoning approval on building permits and business licenses.
* Oversight of the County’s planning process via implementation and administration of the Comprehensive Plan.
* Research and provide technical advisement on land use matters for the Planning Commission and Board of Supervisors.
* Serves as a clearinghouse for public information pertaining to land use and development in the County.
* Manages the County’s structure addressing system.
* Represents the County on regional planning organizations.