Parks & Recreation
The Department of Parks and Recreation in cooperation with the Department of Public Works seeks to:
- Increase tourism
- Initiate beautification projects
- Promote environmental awareness
- Provide safe and enjoyable recreation and leisure opportunities for a diverse population
The mission of the Department of Parks and Recreation in cooperation with the Department of Public Works is to provide accessible, attractive, enjoyable and safe park facilities and recreational activities for the citizens of Powhatan County.
Our goals are to:
- Develop and administer the highest quality of diverse, safe, well-rounded community programs and facilities that enhance the quality of life of all Powhatan County citizens while managing the County’s natural and fiscal resources.
- Enhance the quality of life of all Powhatan County citizens by creating diverse recreational, educational, cultural, fitness, human service, and environmental opportunities while managing the County’s natural resources.
Here are just a few of the policies that come up frequently at the Ball Fields:
- No Dogs are permitted at the Fields unless they are service dogs that are designated as such. (Dogs are allowed on the Trails at Fighting Creek Park but must be on a leash.)
- No Roller Skates/Blades, Skateboards, Scooters, or Bicycles are permitted on the sidewalks or areas adjacent to the concession stands. Motorized scooters and mechanized equipment necessary for the mobility of disabled persons are permissible.
- Portable Grills are prohibited. Charcoal pits are available at the picnic shelters by the playground. Burning of kindling or wood is also prohibited.
- The use of alcoholic beverages on County property is prohibited.
- Soft toss against field fences and buildings is strictly prohibited. Teams and individuals may utilize batting cages or bring their own soft toss nets.
- In the event of Lightning during an activity, all persons on the property must retreat to their vehicles or move inside of a nearby building. Congregating in or around the dugouts or under pavilions is prohibited when Lightning is present.
Mary Anne WoodelRecreation CoordinatorPhone: 804-598-5275
Parks & Recreation DepartmentPhysical Address
3849 Old Buckingham Road
Powhatan, VA 23139
3849 Old Buckingham Road Powhatan VA 23139
3834 Old Buckingham Road
Powhatan, Va 23139
Phone: 804-598-5275Fax: 804-598-4821Emergency: 804-598-5605