Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
Mobile hotspots are available to borrow from the Powhatan County Public Library (PCPL) to increase digital access for library patrons.
• PCPL lends mobile hotspots to adult (aged 18 or older) PCPL cardholders with library cards in good standing (i.e. library cards not blocked due to unpaid fines or lost materials).
• Patrons will need to complete a Hotspot Borrowing Agreement prior to each checkout acknowledging financial responsibility for lost or damaged equipment.
• Hotspot checkout is limited to one per household.
• Hotspot devices check out for two weeks and are not renewable, but may be placed on hold for 24 hours.
• Patrons must wait three business days after turn in before checking out another mobile hotspot.
• After seven days overdue, the hotspot device will be turned off and the patron account will be blocked until the device is returned.
• Hotspots must be returned to the circulation desk during library hours. Do not return the hotspot in the book drop.
• PCPL reserves the right to refuse service to anyone who abuses equipment, returns the hotspots to the book drop or removes the SIM card.
• At check in library staff will verify that the hotspot was returned in good operating condition with all of its accessories.
• Patrons are responsible for full replacement cost if the device or any parts are lost, stolen, damaged or otherwise not returned.
• The complete replacement cost for the hotspot is $100.
Any changes in condition or contents while in the patron's care will be the patron's responsibility. PCPL is not responsible for information accessed using this device or for personal information that is shared over the internet. PCPL is not responsible for any damage done to personal equipment.
I agree to assume full responsibility for the safety and care of PCPL's mobile hotspot equipment during the time it is checked out to me. My signature below acknowledges that I have read, understood, and agree to all of the terms and conditions of the Powhatan County Public Library hotspot policy. I understand that if the item is returned damaged, I will be assessed a fee to repair or replace the hotspot.
* indicates a required field