News Flash Home
The original item was published from 10/18/2021 3:42:00 PM to 10/18/2021 4:09:54 PM.
Board of Supervisors
Posted on: July 27, 2021
[ARCHIVED] Survey for Unserved Internet Areas of Powhatan
Please take a few minutes to fill out the survey at the following link, https://www.fireflyva.com/rise/, and help them show the widespread areas in the county without internet. There will be several Town Hall Meetings held as well by FireFly, information can be found at the following link. http://www.fireflyva.com/town-halls/.
- How residents can help
- Go online to https://www.fireflyva.com/rise/ and take survey
- We must show that service is not available in unserved areas
- Provide address, what type of internet you have and anyone who has turned you down for service
- Speed test for those with CenturyLink DSL or fixed wireless service
- This is a one-time opportunity to overcome the lack of internet
- Funding available at the state level
- Potential sources of funds for local match
- Partnerships that help speed build and offset costs
Join the project - let's get ready to fly!