News Flash Home
The original item was published from 10/18/2021 4:09:00 PM to 1/1/2022 12:00:22 AM.
Board of Supervisors
Posted on: July 27, 2021
[ARCHIVED] Survey for Unserved Internet Areas of Powhatan
Please take a few minutes to fill out the survey at the following link, https://register.fireflyva.com/, and help them show the widespread areas in the county without internet.
- How residents can help
- Go online to https://register.fireflyva.com/ and take survey
- We must show that service is not available in unserved areas
- Provide address, what type of internet you have and anyone who has turned you down for service
- Speed test for those with CenturyLink DSL or fixed wireless service
- This is a one-time opportunity to overcome the lack of internet
- Funding available at the state level
- Potential sources of funds for local match
- Partnerships that help speed build and offset costs
Join the project - let's get ready to fly!