- Boards & Commissions
- Anti-Litter Council
- 1 p.m. (as needed)
- The 2nd Wednesday of every month
- Village Building Extension Conference Room
3910 Old Buckingham Road
Powhatan, VA 23139
Meeting NotificationsMeetings shall be posted on the County website calendar and are open to the public.
Agendas & MinutesAgendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes
MembersA chair, vice chair, and a secretary shall be chosen from within the voting membership of the council to serve a one- year term. The council chairman shall appoint the chairman of each of 3 subcommittees:
- Members shall serve a 3-year term.
- New members may be appointed to serve the unexpired term of any member who leaves office.
- Members may serve an unlimited number of terms and may be removed from the council by majority vote of the Board of Supervisors.
- If any member misses more than 3 meetings in one year, that member shall no longer be a Council member.
OverviewThe Powhatan County Anti-Litter Council is a group of county and state employees, local business owners and involved citizens who are working to raise awareness in regard to litter and recycling efforts. It is composed of up to 7 voting members appointed by the Board of Supervisors including 1 Board of Supervisors member or Planning Commission member from any electoral district.
The Council strives to achieve a reputation for Powhatan as a clean, litter-free county with a strong sense of community and enhanced quality of life for its citizens. The Council raises awareness, and increases involvement among Powhatan citizens and businesses by initiating:
- Educational programs
- Public relations material
- Recognition programs
- Recycling and cleanup events
- Special events